Lead Drainage Engineer - West Palm Beach or Orlando
- - Transportation Engineering
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is a multidisciplinary consulting firm with fourteen offices nationwide specializing in engineering, surveying, geospatial mapping, planning, land development, environmental and parking consulting services. In 2017, WGI ranked #252 on the ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms. We are seeking a Lead Drainage Engineer with 10+ years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation team in our West Palm Beach or Orlando office.
This senior level position requires broad knowledge and skills in the area of Water Resources and Roadway Drainage. Lead Drainage Engineer on small and large projects. A strong background in Florida DOT design policies and procedures is preferred. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional publicly bid projects and design build. Over the last two decades, WGI has delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida. As a firm we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally, themselves.
- Oversee engineering designs including project research, storm sewer layouts, stormwater management designs, plans preparation and detail designs;
- Oversee the creation of engineering documents including permit packages and design documentation reports;
- Perform advanced Microstation/GEOPAK/ASAD processes;
- Internally manage a team of engineers/designers developing plans, calculations and specifications;
- Coordinate plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams;
- Perform internal Quality Control to ensure designs, plans and calculations are complete and accurate;
- Assist Project Manager in a variety of project administrative duties;
- Participate in business development activities, assisting in the creation of letters of response and technical proposals/presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration;
- Proficiency in advanced Microstation/GEOPAK processes;
- Experience with ICPR and /or SWMM, ASAD, and HEC-RAS a strong plus;
- Strong knowledge of FDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards;
- Knowledge of other transportation disciplines including roadway, signing and pavement marking, signalization and intelligent transportation systems;
- Strong work ethic and ability to organize and manage small to medium sized engineering design teams;
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills;
- Ability to train and mentor entry level and junior staff.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume, which must include salary history, and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. EOE
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media