Entry Level Drainage / Transportation Engineer - Jacksonville
- - Transportation Engineering
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is a multidisciplinary consulting firm specializing in architecture, engineering, surveying and mapping, planning, land development and environmental services. We are seeking a Roadway/Drainage Engineer with 0 to 2 years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation team in our Jacksonville office.
In this position you will assist in the development of transportation design projects for clients such as FDOT and municipalities. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional Bid-Build and Design-Build projects. Over the last two decades, WGI has delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida. As a firm we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add young and talented engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally themselves.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop engineering designs including geometric alignments, profiles, cross sections, construction and maintenance of traffic details
- Develop storm drain and stormwater management pond designs, hydraulic systems modeling and drainage calculations
- Assist in the creation of engineering documents including Typical Section Packages, Pavement Design Reports, Variation/Exception Reports and Drainage Reports
- Generate construction plans and details using Microstation/GEOPAK and 3D Corridor Modeling.
Perform construction quantity estimates
- Cross-train in other transportation disciplines including drainage, signing and pavement marking, signalization and maintenance of traffic
- Develop plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams
Job Qualifications Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college
- Passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam – EI registration
- Proficiency in Microstation/GEOPAK is a plus
- Experience with GEOPAK Corridor Modeling a strong plus
- Familiarity with FDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and work on large multi-discipline engineering teams
- Good verbal communication and technical writing skills
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward a resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the positon. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media