VAC Truck Technicians - West Palm Beach
- - Subsurface Utility Engineering
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking both entry level with on-the-job training and experienced Vacuum Excavation/Utility Truck Technicians to be part of the Subsurface Utility Engineering team in our West Palm Beach office.
This position requires the candidate to work in a variety of outside conditions, specifically heat, and be physically able to operate and maneuver truck equipment. Over the last two decades, WGI has designed and delivered some of the largest and most complex projects in the state of Florida. As a Firm, we continue to grow and look forward to adding new and exciting career opportunities for individuals willing to strive for professional growth.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Proficient with all aspects of electronic locating equipment and GPR;
- Ability to read plans, asbuilts and utility company markups;
- Perform vacuum excavation based on marked plans and field investigations;
- Adhere to safety standards, including proper operation of both electronic and mechanical equipment;
- Maintain truck and electronic equipment on a daily basis, including but not limited to fluid levels, filters and pneumatic/hand tools;
- Ability to secure equipment and guard against loss and theft.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma;
- Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a Florida license within 30 days;
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and random thereafter;
- Knowledge of basic math;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others;
- Must be able to work outside in heat;
- Physically able to walk, stand, bend and lift heavy objects as needed;
- Survey experience preferred.
WGI, Inc. offers overtime compensation, medical, dental, 401(K) and paid travel and lodging. EOE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page