Sr. Traffic Engineer
- PLACE - Planning
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long and Short Term Disability
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are actively seeking a creative and highly talented Senior Traffic Engineer for immediate employment in the West Palm Beach, FL office
In this position you will have the opportunity to lead, manage, and develop our private and public transportation engineering projects and WGI staff.
- Conducting traffic engineering including traffic concurrency studies, intersection studies, parking analyses, capacity analyses, etc. for use with land use amendments and zoning approvals;
- Prepare reports and studies for comprehensive plan transportation element revisions;
- Internal circulation studies;
- Safety studies;
- Signal timing studies;
- Preparing engineering reports to document the findings and recommendations of traffic engineering;
- Conducting field reviews to identify safety and operational issues;
- Developing improvements to enhance safety and traffic flow;
- Preparing conceptual improvement drawings;
- Conducting traffic operational analysis using software such as HCS, SYNCHRO, CORSIM and VISSIM;
- Manage staff including other traffic engineers on the above services.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in Transportation Engineering);
- 15+ years of experience in traffic engineering studies, safety studies, traffic operational studies, signal timing, signal systems, transportation planning/modeling;
- Professional Engineer License;
- Knowledge of traffic concurrency policies for South Florida including Palm Beach and Broward County;
- Knowledge of FDOT's policies/procedures related to traffic engineering and familiarity with associated reference manuals such as MUTS Manual, Traffic Engineering Manual, Highway Capacity Manual, MUTCD, and Highway Safety Manual, etc.;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of dedicated team, please forward resume, which must include salary history, and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.