Project Manager - Roadway Engineer - West Palm Beach
- - Transportation Engineering
- FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Project Manager Roadway Engineer with 7+ years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation team in our West Palm Beach office.
In this position, you will manage transportation design projects for clients such as FDOT and municipalities. A strong background in Florida roadway design engineering is required as well as understanding of and coordination with multiple other disciplines including roadway drainage, structures, and survey to name a few. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional publicly bid projects and design build.
- Oversee a staff of 2 to 6 design engineers and coordinate with various disciplines both internal and external to WGI;
- Lead roadway design and perform quality control of work by others;
- Coordinate with their clients and team members, prepare meeting notes, prepare invoices, and progress reports to support his or her projects;
- Report issues and concerns of his or her projects to his or her supervisor and provide viable recommendations to resolve;
- Pursue additional work from existing and new WGI clients and be responsible for meeting with clients, preparing pursuit materials and coordinating with required discipline leads.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college, Master's Degree is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated 7+ years in progressively responsible experience
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration
- Highway design lead experience preferred:
- Project Management with FDOT (Districts 2, 3 and 5) is a strong plus;
- Project Management with municipalities (Palm Beach County, City of Palm Beach, Martin County, City of St. Lucie, Broward County) is a strong plus;
- Prior supervisory experience leading an engineering team;
- Drainage Design experience a plus;
- Traffic Operations/Signal Design a plus;
- Proficiency in Microstation and Geopak;
- Experience with GEOPAK 3D Corridor Modeling a strong plus;
- Ability to lead winning project pursuits including letter of interest preparation, presentation development and presentation skills (interviews, question & answer sessions, leading presentations);
- Prepare contracts, scopes of services, fee estimates (in accordance with FDOT standard practices and requirements);
- Microsoft office skills – including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Travel to other office locations may be required.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, Wantman Group provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media