Senior Survey Manager - Tampa, FL
- - Geospatial
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Sr. Survey Manager for our Tampa, FL office.
The Sr. Survey Manager will be responsible for managing several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects, and/or larger project simultaneously; managing multiple survey crews and enforcing surveying standards; as well as marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, staff coordination, scheduling, client communication, proposal preparation, and negotiation of scopes and fees.
- Establish operational plans and review staffing levels to ensure schedule and quality on surveying and mapping projects;
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency;
- Provide oversight of multiple survey / mapping teams performing Boundary Surveys, Topographical Surveys, Right of Way Surveys, Legal Descriptions, Horizontal and Vertical Control Networks, Aerial Mapping, Construction Staking, As-built Surveys and Mapping, Route Surveys, Sub-surface Utility Locating, GIS services and various mapping exhibits;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships to expand the customer / client base in the Florida region;
- Pursue opportunities, market clients for future projects, write proposals, participate in proposal presentations, and negotiate contracts;
- Remain current on legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Oversee financial details and performance of all survey projects or tasks, and directly supervise office and field staff assigned to the survey group;
- Collaborate with staff to monitor and assist in production of proposal and marketing materials to ensure consistency and clarity with our objectives;
- Oversees multiple survey crews and office staff and provide training and mentoring;
- Manages project budgets and schedules;
- Quality control, oversight and review for all office survey work product;
- Makes recommendations for hiring survey staff and related personnel;
- Handle proposals and business development efforts by interfacing with engineering staff and provide external focus to seek project opportunities in the south Florida region.
- Bachelor's Degree in Surveying or related physical science from an accredited college or university;
- 15+ years of progressive experience in surveying;
- Licensed as a Professional Surveyor (PSM) in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain licensure within 12 months;
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, management ability, supervisory skills, and business knowledge.;
- Demonstrate persuasion in the negotiation of critical issues;
- Travel to other office locations may be required;
- Demonstrated success in transportation survey services and large-scale public works projects strongly desired;
- Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward a resume, which must include salary history, and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. EOE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page