Restoration Structural Engineer/Project Manager - Chicago, IL
- - Parking Solutions
- Lombard, IL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Restoration Structural Engineer/Project Manager with 4 to 6 years of professional experience to join our growing team in our Chicago, IL office.
This position is involved in the evaluation and restoration of various structures such as parking garages, plazas, and building facades. You will be responsible for the performance and delivery of various restoration projects including evaluations, due diligence review, façade inspections, structural analysis, as well as structural and waterproofing remediation and repair.
In this position, you will also:
- Perform assignments using engineering techniques, procedures, criteria, and judgement with little supervision;
- Be responsible for project sales and marketing;
- Serve as the primary authority for assigned projects that includes: Develop and define scope of services and signed contracts; Maintain project quality meeting the standards of the client and WGI; Develop and attain WGI labor budget and project schedules.
- Assist in the field review of existing structures;
- Meet with potential and current clients to communicate progress and solve issues;
- Assist in project sales and development;
- Write project scope, fee, and schedule;
- Manage and lead the project team for prime consulting roles;
- Perform and oversee project design and the production of reports, construction cost estimates, specifications, and drawings;
- Perform and/or oversee project structural engineering analysis, design, and document production;
- Coordinate project planning and quality reviews;
- Lead the project team during the bidding phase, including pre-bid meetings, addenda, bid evaluations, review of alternates and substitutions;
- Lead the project team during the construction administration phase, including preconstruction meetings, construction review, project meetings, test report overview, project close-out, etc.;
- Project Administration;
- Achieve client satisfaction and loyalty.
- BS Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or a BA in Architecture, or an MSCE (preferred) from an ABET accredited engineering program with focus on structural engineering;
- Professional Engineering License required;
- 4-6 years of related work experience to include structural restoration, structural evaluation, materials testing, report writing, design, and construction;
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Team leadership skills and experience;
- Experience with AutoCAD, Mathcad, STAAD;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.