Electrical Engineer - Tampa
- - Transportation Engineering
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with 10+ years of professional experience to be part of the Transportation/Roadway Division in our Tampa office.
The successful applicant will participate on project teams in an active production role that will require preparation of drawings, specifications, construction cost estimates and construction assistance; including: electrical shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys.
- Grow and manage electrical engineering and support staff;
- Manage/develop engineering designs related to architectural and transportation projects which may include tolling and highway lighting;
- Generate construction plans;
- Perform quality control reviews and prepare/oversee construction quantity estimates;
- Prepare reports and calculations that support electrical engineering design;
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- PE License;
- Experience with Autodesk Revit preferred;
- Experience with Microstation preferred;
- Experience in Power Studies, such as Short Circuit Study, Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis is a plus;
- Experience designing electrical systems including: low voltage power distribution, communication, stand-by generation, interior/exterior lighting for buildings, local area IT networks, access control, security and fire alarm systems;
- Ability to prepare load calculations and select equipment;
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code, other NFPA codes/standards and energy codes;
- Strong knowledge of lighting design;
- Roadway lighting design is a plus;
- Highway related design experience preferred: knowledge of Florida's Turnpike GTR and of FDOT requirements;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task assignments;
- Ability to mentor and manage electrical staff as required.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page