Senior Drainage Engineer - Tampa
- - Transportation Engineering
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Senior Drainage Engineer with 10+ years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation team in our Tampa, FL office.
This senior level position requires broad knowledge and skills in Water Resources and Roadway Drainage. A strong background in Florida DOT design policies and procedures is preferred. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional publicly bid projects and design build. Over the last two decades, WGI has delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida. As a firm we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally, themselves.
- Oversee/produce engineering designs including project research, storm sewer layouts, storm-water management designs, plans preparation and detail designs;
- Oversee the creation of engineering documents including permit packages and design documentation reports;
- Perform advanced Microstation/GEOPAK/ASAD processes;
- Coordinate plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams;
- Perform internal Quality Control to ensure designs, plans and calculations are complete and accurate;
- Assist Project Manager in a variety of project administrative duties;
- Participate in business development activities, assisting in the creation of letters of response and technical proposals/presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration;
- Proficiency in advanced Microstation/GEOPAK processes;
- 3D modeling a plus;
- Experience with ICPR and /or SWMM, ASAD, and HEC-RAS;
- Strong knowledge of FDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards;
- Experience with FDOT (Districts 1 and 7 and Turnpike) preferred;
- Knowledge of and ability to coordinate with other transportation disciplines and ability;
- Strong work ethic and ability to organize and manage small to medium sized engineering design teams;
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills;
- Ability to train and mentor entry level staff.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.