Project Engineer/Manager - New Parking Structures - Tampa, FL
- - Parking Solutions
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Parking Project Engineer/Manager with 7+ years' experience to join our growing team in our Tampa, FL office.
The position involves leading projects and assisting clients with a variety of challenging parking design and consulting projects including (but not limited to):
- Parking facility design, including parking circulation / layout / geometry / ramping, durability and drainage, and superstructure configuration;
- Parking planning and feasibility studies;
- Preliminary opinions of probable construction costs and operating costs;
- Parking access and revenue control systems;
- Parking studies, including supply / demand, operations and management.
This position will work closely with the Parking Division to identify project opportunities, prepare marketing materials and proposals, manage projects, develop assessments and analyses, prepare project deliverables, and provide quality control. Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills are desirable for this position.
Travel will be a component of this position (~20%). However, project work will tend to be focused in the southeastern region of the United States.
- Prepare responses to requests for service, RFQs, and RFPs, including developing scopes of services and fee estimates;
- Manage parking design / consulting projects, including staff assigned to the project;
- Conduct detailed assessments and analyses to develop and support appropriate recommendations;
- Prepare reports, summaries, and figures (e.g., photos, tables, charts, and graphics);
- Help prepare and oversee the preparation of parking facility design documents (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.);
- Assist with project quality control;
- Pro-actively develop and maintain relationships with past, current, and potential clients;
- Participate in parking industry organizations, prepare articles for publication and develop presentations for various events.
- Minimum seven years' experience of project management of parking structure (or related building type) design projects OR equivalent experience in parking operations management or consulting;
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Structural, Civil, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, or Urban Planning;
- Professional Engineering or Architecture License preferred;
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Team leadership skills and experience;
- Experience with Revit and/or AutoCAD desirable;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Previous transportation and/or TDM planning experience a plus.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page