Roadway Manager/Lead Engineer - Transportation - Fort Lauderdale
- - Transportation Engineering
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are inviting talented Professional Engineers with 15+ years of experience to be part of our rapidly expanding Fort Lauderdale team.
In this position, you will assist in the development of Roadway Design-Build and Bid-Build projects for clients such as the FDOT and municipalities. Over the last two decades, WGI has successfully delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida.
- Manage projects and staff in the development of transportation related design;
- Manage/develop engineering designs including geometric alignments, profiles, cross sections, construction and maintenance of traffic details;
- Creation of engineering documents including Typical Section Packages, Pavement Design Reports, and Variation/Exception Reports;
- Generate construction plans using Microstation/GEOPAK and 3D Corridor Modeling;
- Perform quality control reviews and prepare/oversee construction quantity estimates;
- Cross-train in other transportation disciplines including drainage, signing and pavement marking, signalization and maintenance of traffic;
- Develop plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and Advanced MOT Certified;
- Experience managing staff and projects;
- Proficient in Microstation/GEOPAK;
- Experience with GEOPAK and 3D Corridor Modeling a plus;
- Familiarity with FDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards;
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced engineering environment;
- Ability/desire to lead a team of engineering and marketing staff to pursue, win and design transportation related projects;
- Ability to work independently and on large multi-discipline teams;
- Highway design lead experience preferred:
o Project Management with FDOT (Districts 4 and 6);
o Project Management with municipalities (Broward, Miami-Dade Counties, City of Fort Lauderdale, City of Miami);
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media