Roadway Manager/Lead Engineer -- Raleigh, NC
- - Transportation Engineering
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with corporate headquarters located in West Palm Beach. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are inviting talented Professional Engineers with 15+ years of experience to be part of our rapidly expanding Raleigh, NC team.
In this position, you will assist in the development of Roadway Design-Build and Bid-Build projects for clients such as the NCDOT and local municipalities. Over the last two decades, WGI has successfully delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida, and we're looking to deliver the same great service in North Carolina.
- Manage transportation office personnel and projects in the development of transportation related design;
- Manage/develop engineering documents including geometric alignments, profiles, cross sections, reports, construction and maintenance of traffic details;
- Hire staff to successfully pursue and produce transportation projects;
- Perform quality control reviews and prepare/oversee construction quantity estimates;
- Cross-train staff in other transportation disciplines;
- Coordinate plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and Advanced MOT Certified preferred;
- Experience managing staff and projects;
- Familiarity with NCDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards;
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced engineering environment;
- Ability/desire to lead a team of engineering and marketing staff to pursue, win and design transportation related project;
- Ability to work independently and on large multi-discipline teams;
- Highway design lead experience preferred:
o Project Management with NCDOT;
o Project Management with municipalities;
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page