Senior Designer - Roadway - Jacksonville
- - Transportation Engineering
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Designer with 4+ years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation/Roadway Division in our Jacksonville office.
In this position you will assist in the preparation of land development and municipal design projects for local clients such as state, county and local governments as well as private clients or land developers. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may range from large scale multi-year municipal programs to single family housing or commercial developments. Over the last two decades, WGI has been involved in some of Florida's largest and most complex projects. As a firm we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add talented engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally, themselves.
- Develop engineering designs including plans, profiles, cross sections, paving, grading and utility details;
- Generate engineering plans using CADD/Microstation;
- Perform construction quantity estimates;
- Cross-train in all civil engineering disciplines including pavement, grading, drainage, water, signing and pavement marking, storm water pollution prevention and maintenance of traffic;
- Coordinate plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams;
- Ensure designs, plans and calculations are complete and accurate.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work-related experience;
- Proficiency in Microstation;
- Experience with basic production software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a project team;
- Good verbal communication and technical writing skills.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page