Project Manager / Roadway Engineer - Jacksonville
- - Transportation Engineering
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking aProject Manager/Roadway Engineer with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation team in our Jacksonville office.
In this position you will assist in the development of transportation design projects for clients such as FDOT, counties and municipalities. A strong background in Florida DOT design policies and procedures is preferred. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional publicly bid projects and design build. Over the last two decades, WGI has delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida. As a firm we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally, themselves.
- Oversee a staff of 2 to 6 design engineers and coordinate with various disciplines both internal and external to WGI;
- Lead roadway design and perform quality control of work by others;
- Coordinate with their clients and team members, prepare meeting notes, prepare invoices, and progress reports to support his or her projects;
- Report issues and concerns of his or her projects to his or her supervisor and provide viable recommendations to resolve;
- Pursue additional work from existing and new WGI clients and be responsible for meeting with clients, preparing pursuit materials and coordinating with required discipline leads.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college, Master's Degree is a strong plus;
- Demonstrated 8+ years in progressively responsible experience;
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration;
- Highway design lead experience preferred:
- Project Management with FDOT (Districts 4, 6 and Florida's Turnpike Enterprise);
- Project Management with municipalities (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach Counties);
- Prior supervisory experience leading an engineering team;
- Proficiency in Microstation and Geopak;
- Ability to lead winning project pursuits including letter of interest preparation, presentation development and presentation skills (interviews, question & answer sessions, leading presentations);
- Prepare contracts, scopes of services, fee estimates (in accordance with FDOT standard practices and requirements);
- Microsoft office skills – including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Travel to other office locations will be required.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media