Landscape Architect/Site Planner - West Palm Beach
- PLACE - Planning
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Landscape Architect/Site Planner with 2-10 years of professional experience to be part of our Land Design Services Division in our West Palm Beach office.
The Landscape Architect will work collaboratively in a team setting on the development of site plans associated with land use entitlement and permitting processes for developments throughout Florida. Projects will include a wide range of planning projects including: private sector development projects (residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, etc.) and public sector projects (federal, state and local government projects).
- Development of site plans from concept through construction;
- Modification of drawings based on input from Project Manager;
- Assist in meetings and public presentations;
- Preparation of graphics for presentations;
- Research and review of local land development regulations for standards;
- Design of plans to include knowledge of water conveyance and retention, utility easements, parking, open space, access/egress points, vehicular circulation, landscape areas, etc.;
- Works under the direction of a Project Manager on the Site Planning Team and will present design information to senior management and other team members;
- Works with consultants during design phases from concept through construction;
- Works in a team environment to establish and maintain common schedule goals;
- Works with team to manage minor land use applications, including project report writing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or equivalent from an accredited university;
- Demonstrates reliable understanding of the relationship between design and constructability;
- Proficiency using computer software programs including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience using computer software programs including SketchUp, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus;
- Proficiency in preparing hand drawn sketches, graphics and illustrations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write reports, business correspondence and presentations.
Please include a portfolio or samples of your work along with your application.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page