Public Planning Director - West Palm Beach
- PLACE - Planning
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Public Planning Director with 10+ years of progressively responsible planning experience (15+ years preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity, to run the firm's Public Planning Division in our West Palm Beach office.
In this position, you will manage and mentor the firm's Public Planning Division, which includes a talented group of professionals and diverse client base such as municipalities and CRA's. A strong background in public planning policy and process is required as well as experience with the preparation and submittals of RFP/RFQ responses. The candidate will work in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Supervises planning staff, either directly or indirectly through senior management;
- Pursue additional work from and be responsible for meeting with municipalities, counties, CRA's, MPO's, TPA's and other government agencies and preparing pursuit materials and coordinating with required discipline leads;
- Lead the division and perform quality control of work by others;
- May be required to attend evening and weekend meetings including board and/or committee meetings, public hearings, neighborhood meetings, and other meetings as assigned;
- Oversee staff in the preparation of comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances, complete street designs, planning studies, mobility studies, RFP/RFQ responses, and other planning initiatives;
- Oversee the facilitation of public meetings, including community meetings, visioning exercises, and design charrettes;
- Preparation and presentation of planning deliverables government staff, elected and appointed boards, and authorities and citizens;
- Coordination of planning and related activities with government staff at the local, regional, state, and national levels;
- Review and manage billing, invoices and budget for the division.
- Bachelor's Degree in planning or related field from an accredited four-year college, Master's Degree is a strong plus;
- Demonstrated 10+ years in progressively responsible experience;
- Municipal planning experience and AICP Certification;
- Public planning experience required:
- Project Management with municipalities, counties or other government agencies;
- Prior supervisory experience leading a planning team;
- Demonstrated experience public planning policy, including comprehensive planning and zoning is required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the writing, editing and oversight of planning documents such as comprehensive plans, zoning code, mobility studies and master plans and the presentation of information to government agencies, neighborhood groups or other stakeholder groups;
- Leader in the field of urban design and complete street projects;
- Ability to lead winning project pursuits including letter of interest preparation, presentation development and presentation skills (interviews, question & answer sessions, leading presentations);
- Prepare contracts, scopes of services, fee estimates;
- Microsoft office skills – including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with visualization and public outreach techniques a plus;
- Travel to other office and project locations may be required;
- Experience in preparing planning and zoning documents such as comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances and other planning studies;
- Considerable knowledge of the theory, principles and techniques of the planning profession and development process;
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and codes pertaining to a wide variety of planning topics.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, Wantman Group provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page