Planning Project Manager - West Palm Beach, FL
- PLACE - Planning
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Planning Division in our West Palm Beach, FL office.
This position oversees specialized planning functions such as large-scale new development proposals and provides overall management of division-related and multidisciplinary planning issues. Supervises and participates in highly-complex professional planning activities.
- Reviews master plans and site plans for compliance with land development regulations;
- Thoroughly reviews all documents for submittal, including technical documents such as due diligence reports and justification statements;
- Create and maintain project schedules, from due diligence through entitlements and permitting;
- Manage a multidisciplinary project team, maintaining schedules and tracking progress;
- Active participation at staff meetings;
- Represents projects to various councils, boards, commissions and elected officials;
- Serves as liaison and performs all necessary functions in support of public hearings;
- Assigns work to professional staff and ensures appropriate training is provided;Evaluates operations and activities of assigned responsibilities;
- Attends substantial number of evening and weekend meetings.
- Must be innovative, detail-oriented, experienced in highly visible/controversial projects;
- Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments;
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels and to resolve complaints;
- Strong analytical skills to interpret research data for reports and apply mathematic techniques in practical situations;
- Reading comprehension to understand technical and legal materials;
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously and manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines;
- Bachelors Degree in planning or a closely related field;
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the planning profession;
- Three to four years of supervisory experience;
- AICP Certification preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop;
- Travel to other office locations may be required;
- GIS training is helpful.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page