Sr. Project Manager/Restoration Structural Engineer - Kalamazoo, MI
- - Parking Solutions
- Kalamazoo, MI, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Restoration Structural Engineer/Project Manager with 10+ years of experience to join our Parking Solutions Division in our Kalamazoo, MI office.
This position is involved in the evaluation and restoration of various structures such as parking garages, plazas, and building facades. You will be responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas. The engineer uses advanced techniques, theory precepts, and practices in the structural engineering field, and related disciplines.
- Client relationship management;
- Management and oversight of restoration projects including:
- Evaluation and forensic engineering;
- Development of repair and restoration solutions;
- Construction administration services during repair implementation;
- Maintain client relationships and generate enough sales volume to support your own workload.
- BS Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or BA in Architecture; or MSCE (preferred);
- Professional licensure in Engineering or Architecture;
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience related to the evaluation and restoration of various existing structures, particularly parking garages, plazas, building facades, and roofs;
- Knowledge of historical construction practices, field investigation and materials testing techniques, and current repair and protection approaches;
- Strong client retention and relationship building skills;
- Building façade and historic preservation experience;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Staff management and project coordination experience;
- Active in related professional organizations.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.