Entry Level Drainage / Transportation Engineer - Jacksonville, FL
- - Transportation Engineering
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking an entry level Roadway/Drainage Engineer with 0 to 4 years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation Division in our Jacksonville office.
In this position, you will assist in the development of transportation design projects for clients such as FDOT and municipalities. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional Bid-Build and Design-Build projects. Over the last two decades, WGI has delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida. As a firm, we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add young and talented engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally themselves.
- Develop engineering designs including geometric alignments, profiles, cross sections, construction and maintenance of traffic details;
- Assist in the creation of engineering documents including Typical Section Packages, Pavement Design Reports, and Variation/Exception Reports;
- Generate construction plans using Microstation/GEOPAK and 3D Corridor Modeling;
- Perform construction quantity estimates;
- Cross-train in other transportation disciplines;
- Develop plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam – EI registration a strong plus;
- Experience with Microstation/GEOPAK is a plus;
- Experience with GEOPAK Corridor Modeling a plus;
- Familiarity with FDOT plans preparation criteria and design standards a plus;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and work on large multi-discipline engineering teams.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page