Vice President - Structural Solutions - West Palm Beach, FL
- - Structural Solutions
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, parking solutions, and structural solutions with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Vice President with 15+ years of industry specific experience to lead our growing Structural Solutions Division in West Palm Beach, FL.
The VP of Structural Solutions is responsible for leading the division to set its vision and prepare the strategic and business development plans. Responsible for all aspects of the technical quality, management and profitability of the firm's contracts which are under their control. Solicits, develops, and maintains clients; actively engaged in proposal and project development.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential functions include but are not limited to the following duties and responsibilities, which are listed in no particular order of importance:
Prepare the Structural Solutions Strategic Plan, consistent with the WGI Plan, and Business Development Plan and lead the division to implement the plans and achieve sales and financial goals;
- Assemble project teams with the right talent mix;
- Manage project schedules and budgets;
- Mentor less experienced staff;
- Demonstrate strong ability to delegate responsibilities;
- Serve as key contact with client's project manager;
- Serve as senior reviewer for larger and technically complex projects;
- Pursue opportunities, market clients for future projects, write proposals, participates in proposal presentations, and negotiating contracts;
- Remain current on legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college (master's preferred);
- 10+ years of industry related experience;
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration;
- Experience in the design of buildings, bridges, civil structures including water and wastewater facilities, seawalls and other unique structures including forensic engineering;
- Understanding of designs utilizing concrete, masonry, precast, prestressed components, steel, wood and composites is required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Revit;
- Good verbal communication and technical writing skills;
- Ability to train entry level staff;
- Must have the ability to assist project managers in pursuing new work with existing and prospective clients.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.