Sr. Civil/Design Engineer - West Palm Beach, FL
- PLACE - Civil Engineering
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Corporate Recruiter to join our growing team. We are seeking a Sr. Civil/Design Engineer with 7 to 10 years of professional experience to be part of our Civil Engineering team in our West Palm Beach office.
In this position you will provide design engineering leadership and manage the preparation of land development and municipal design projects for clients such as state, county and local governments as well as private clients or land developers. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may range from large scale multi-year municipal programs to residential communities or commercial developments. Over the last two decades, WGI has been involved in some of Florida's largest and most complex projects. As a firm we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add talented engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally, themselves.
- Lead a design team for the development of engineering designs including plans, profiles, cross sections, paving, grading and utility details;
- Prepare engineering documents including storm water design reports, permit applications, and supporting calculations;
- Coordinate project designs with other disciplines to determine resource needs, implement operating procedures and resolve issues;
- Coordinates with project managers, clients, and client representatives to determine project scope;
- Evaluate the work of technical staff and provide feedback and/or corrections based on client needs and regulatory requirements;
- Produce written specifications for materials, implementation and construction methods;
- Take the lead in developing design approaches and concepts on assigned projects and request assistance from available technical staff when needed;
- Assist project manager in establishing budgets, cost estimates, and project schedules;
- Coordinates with local jurisdictional authorities, utilities, and municipalities to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory standards;
- Communicate information from meetings to project staff;
- Assist division managers in the execution of technical training programs for staff;
- Conduct project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design, owner expectations, and building codes; and
- Act as a mentor to aid in the professional development of junior level staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college;
- Active registration as a Florida Professional Engineer (PE) is required;
- Site Civil and/or utility (water and sewer) engineering experience required;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and web browser applications;
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies;
- Proficiency in CADD;
- Familiarity with modeling software (ICPR, EPANET. Water CAD) is helpful, although not required;
- Strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal skills; and
- Ability to mentor junior level and mid-level engineers.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume, which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page