Site Planner / Landscape Designer - West Palm Beach, FL
- - PLACE
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Site Planner/Landscape Designer with 0-5 years of professional experience to be part of our Land Design Services team in the West Palm Beach, FL office. Candidates should have experience with landscape and hardscape design within the State of Florida and should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture (or related design profession) from an accredited university.
The Site Planner/Landscape Designer will work collaboratively in a team setting on the development of conceptual site and landscape designs, the production of submittal ready master/site plans, landscape construction drawings and permitting as well as on-site construction administration. Projects will include a wide range of master/site planning and landscape projects including: residential, commercial and institutional designs as well as public sector development projects and federal, state and local government projects.
- Development of conceptual master/site plans and landscape designs;
- Development of construction documents for submittal ready master and site plans;
- Modification of drawings based on input from Project Manager;
- Assist in meetings and public presentations;
- Preparation of graphics for presentations;
- Knowledge and review of local land development regulations;
- Preparation of plans, specifications, presentations for use by Project Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture (or related design profession) from an accredited university;
- 0-5 years related experience;
- Demonstrates reliable understanding of the relationship between design and constructability;
- Proficiency using computer software programs including AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in preparing hand drawn sketches, graphics and illustrations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.