SUE Field Technician - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- - Subsurface Utility Engineering
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and much more
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, parking solutions, and structural solutions with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of services to a diverse client base in over 30 state. We are seeking both entry level with on-the-job training and experienced SUE Field Technicians to be part of the Subsurface Utility Engineering team in our Fort Lauderdale office.
This position requires the candidate to work in a variety of outside conditions, specifically heat, and be physically able to operate and maneuver truck equipment. Over the last two decades, WGI has designed and delivered some of the largest and most complex projects in the state of Florida. As a Firm, we continue to grow and look forward to adding new and exciting career opportunities for individuals willing to strive for professional growth.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Proficient with all aspects of electronic locating equipment and GPR
- Ability to read plans, asbuilts and utility company markups
- Perform vacuum excavation based on marked plans and field investigations
- Adhere to safety standards, including proper operation of both electronic and mechanical equipment
- Maintain truck and electronic equipment on a daily basis, including but not limited to fluid levels, filters and pneumatic/hand tools
- Ability to secure equipment and guard against loss and theft
Job Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a Florida license within 30 days
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and random thereafter
- Knowledge of basic math
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Must be able to work outside in heat
- Physically able to walk, stand, bend and lift heavy objects as needed
- Survey experience preferred
WGI, Inc. offers overtime compensation, medical, dental, 401(K) and paid travel and lodging.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media