Field Crew Chief - Austin, TX
- - Geospatial
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- health, dental, vision, 401k
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
We are seeking a Field Crew Chief to be part of our Survey Team in the Austin, Texas office.
This position supervises and directs the operations of the survey field party in the execution of a wide range of surveying and mapping assignments.
- Daily supervision and coordination of a field survey crew engaged in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for boundary, construction, topographic, tree, as-built, right-of-way, and control survey projects
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers
- Assigns and monitors field work
- Train survey crew members in surveying and mapping methods, use of equipment and field safety procedures.
- Supervise survey work, evaluate priorities and coordinate work efforts
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment including electronic total stations, data collectors, levels, scanners and GPS equipment
- Prepares field notes and field sketches and performs field surveying for urban lots, rural acreage tracts, roadways, bridges, and flood control projects to include setting surveying construction stakes, locating and setting property corner monuments, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control points
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and other documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Respect the property rights of landowners and tenants on which the field survey work is being performed
- Consults with survey office personnel to provide knowledge during computations and development of deliverables to ensure that the final survey map represents a comprehensive and accurate description of the field survey
- Supports the Company to achieve its vision and mission, while successfully practicing its core values related to employees, ethics, operational excellence, safety, and integrity
- Perform other tasks as assigned to help accomplish the Company's strategic goals
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate field notes
- Strong technical understanding of survey field equipment and data collection processes is required. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, is a must
- Proven work history, strong work ethic, and team-player attitude
- Experience on TXDOT projects is highly preferred
- Subsurface utility experience is preferred
- High school diploma and a minimum of 3 years of Field Crew Chief experience
- Valid Texas driver's license is required
- Ability to travel and work out of town and out of state as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires using a machete, shovel and sledgehammer or other appropriate tools. Lifting and carrying equipment weighing up to 50 lbs over rough terrain may be required. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate various pieces of field equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, speak, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell. Able to get in and out of vehicle multiple times a day; drive 30 to 60 miles daily.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Work is performed outside in all types of weather conditions possibly for extended periods of time. The terrain may be rough, steep, wet or swampy. Vegetation may be dense, and insects, snakes or animals may be encountered.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please submit your resume for review by our Talent Acquisition Team. WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media