Senior Environmental Scientist - Jacksonville, FL
- PLACE - Environmental
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Senior Environmental Scientist
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist to join our Environmental Division in our Jacksonville, FL office.
The successful candidate will have the support of several other senior-level environmental professionals in Florida with diverse areas of expertise including wetland and upland permitting, contamination remediation, and protected species management. The successful candidate will work closely with WGI engineers and planners in our Jacksonville office to continue WGI's growth in north Florida and beyond.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Business Development, including marketing meetings and proposal preparation;
• Managing environmental aspects of projects;
• Serve as Task Manager for projects. Conducts and participates in project reviews or task meetings;
• Writing technical reports;
• Preparing permit applications;
• Supporting contract pursuits.
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related field (M.S. preferred);
• 15+ years of relevant work experience;
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to others.
• Travel to other office locations may be required.
• Prior regulatory agency experience in Florida and experience with permitting transportation projects in Florida desired, but not required.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media