Environmental Scientist – West Palm Beach
- PLACE - Environmental
- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking an Environmental Scientist with 5-10 years of experience to join our Environmental Division in our West Palm Beach, FL office.
The Environmental Scientist will work under the direction of several senior-level environmental professionals with diverse areas of expertise including wetland and upland permitting, contamination remediation, and protected species management.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Office work such as writing technical reports;
• Preparing permit application to local, state, and federal agencies
• Interpreting data and preparing figures;
• Other responsibilities include field work such as soil and groundwater sampling, tree inventories, wetland delineations/assessments, listed species surveys, submerged resource surveys, and other miscellaneous environmental services.
• Bachelor's Degree (M.S) preferred) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Biology, Geology, or related Environmental field;
• Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience;
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to work in difficult field conditions in remote areas/
• Prior regulatory agency experience, familiarity with permitting FDOT projects, proficiency with GIS and/or AutoCAD, SCUBA certification, ability to identify native Florida trees and wetland plants, and a working knowledge of list species that occur in Florida desired but not required.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media