Mobility Market Leader - Austin, TX
- - WGITX Mobility
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits Package
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a transportation and mobility professional with 6 or more years of professional experience to be part of our Mobility Division in our Austin, TX office.
The Market Leader is the leader of a team for the assigned market sector. This leader directs a team within a local office serving a defined geographic region and can have other teams working alongside. The Market Leader is responsible for all aspects of the operation including winning work, recruiting and developing team members, project management, helping to get the work done while meeting financial and team member growth targets. This role includes accountability for building a successful practice leader in an office or area and corresponding with the market sector director to get the resources needed to execute the corporate vision.
About The Opportunity
WGI is seeking a talented individual who will:
- Work on complex multimodal transportation planning/engineering problems
- Successfully lead competitive marketing pursuits and develop client relationships in both the public and private sectors
- Manage projects and develop internal staff relationships
- Provide oversight of technical analysis
- Regularly markets services to current and prospective clients to ensure a growing practice in the specific area of expertise
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Monitor and assist the team in meeting all financial goals
- Ensure the upcoming pipeline of work is adequate to meet company goals and growth
- Recruit team members, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of team member competence
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules and processes, and making decisions regarding the purchase of materials or services with the direct involvement of the Market Director
- Combine, review and check all multidiscipline proposals that are issued to clients to ensure accuracy and estimating consistency
- Advance technical initiatives through WGI's research and development budget
- Coordinate and mentor Team Leaders and Project Engineers/Planners to provide quality projects that ensure client satisfaction
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and planning/technical work performed in the market sector in all offices utilizing company-wide standards
- Develop and maintain an organizational structure that maximizes efficiency across the sector organization and develop career paths for personal.
- Ensure the market sector is responsive and communicates effectively
- Fully shoulder all client feedback and relay praise to team, or provide corrective measures if the client is not fully satisfied
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and get approvals from the Director
- Ensure that every project has a signed contract to establish a baseline for client billing
Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in planning, engineering, or related field
- Specific interest and experience in multimodal transportation planning/engineering, traffic operations analysis, travel demand modeling, transit planning/operations, New Mobility, the interaction of transportation and land use, and/or other related niche within transportation
- Six or more years of experience related to the field above
- Experience managing projects , including municipal and TxDOT projects
- Experience submitting competitive proposals in Texas (Central Texas preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and/or other professional license as required (AICP, PTOE, etc.)
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media