Senior Project Survey Manager- Melbourne
- - Geospatial
- Melbourne, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and much more
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Sr. Project Manager for our Geospatial Division in Melbourne, FL.
- The ideal candidate will possess 5 to 7 years of post-registration experience, a bachelor's degree in Survey and Mapping, Geomatics, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive surveying and mapping experience
- Must be registered as a Professional Surveyor in Florida or in another state with the ability to obtain licensure within 18 months of hire
- Construction survey experience on large civil linear/infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of CAD software such as MicroStation and/or Civil 3D, as well as a thorough understanding of reviewing files for geometry and constructability
- A thorough understanding of how heavy civil projects are constructed is necessary
- Must be very organized and possess clear verbal and detailed written communication skills
- Professionally manage construction survey services for multiple crews
- Report to both the Construction Survey Manager with client and Program Manager for WGI
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly progress meetings and document appropriately
- Manage WGI's safety program and the program established by client
- Monthly invoicing to be managed for acceptance by client
- Manage staff in two locations, Melbourne and Port St. Lucie
- Facilitate cooperation with several construction project managers and engineers
- Foundational understanding and knowledge of how and when to use available technologies such as robotic total stations, static scanners, GPS, digital levels, etc. is necessary
WGI is a dynamic work environment with focused attention to delivering quality work, responsively and professionally. We utilized proven technology for creating efficiencies of business and to deliver projects combining multiple means for data collection to create a cost-effective geospatial solution for our clients. A willingness to work cohesively as a team and be respectable to everyone is mandatory. Very strong organization skills, open communication and diplomacy will be key for success in this position.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.