Project Survey Manager - Melbourne
- - Geospatial
- Melbourne, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and much more
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, with our corporate headquarters in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states. We are seeking a Project Manager for our Geospatial Division in Melbourne, FL.
- Minimum of 10 years of field survey experience, construction experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years managing/surveying heavy civil/rail infrastructure projects.
- Registration as a Florida Professional Surveyor and Mapper or the candidate must demonstrate their ability through experience for providing the necessary technical skills to provide hands on construction calculations and supervision of survey/CAD technicians in the office and manage field crews.
- Proficient in either Microstation or Civil 3D is required as well as understanding field procedures related to using survey control, horizontal and vertical, to survey for construction.
- Experience with understanding how static scanning may be helpful and a clear understanding of how and when GPS may be used.
- This is a hands-on project requiring the individual to be able to work responsibly, provide leadership to the project team, and understand construction plans and the process for construction survey means and methods.
- A complete understanding of how to manage a quality control program and follow established policies and procedures is mandatory.
- Strong communication skills and a thorough understanding for determining priorities as delivered by several construction managers will be required.
- This position will work cooperatively under the direction of a Senior Project Manager and in relations with several office and field staff on the project.
- Strict adherence to established project safety requirements a must and delivering clear and concise direction to field crews will be required.
WGI is a dynamic work environment with focused attention to delivering quality work, responsively and professionally. We utilized proven technology for creating efficiencies of business and to deliver projects combining multiple means for data collection to create a cost-effective geospatial solution for our clients. A willingness to work cohesively as a team and be respectable to everyone is mandatory. Very strong organization skills, open communication and diplomacy will be key for success in this position.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please forward resume which must include salary history and a cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.