Instrument Operator - Port Saint Lucie
- - Geospatial
- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and much more
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
Instrument Operator position available for our growing Geospatial Division in our Port Saint Lucie office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with outstanding benefits and future career growth.
WGI is an award-winning national consulting firm providing land planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, transportation, geospatial services, and parking solutions, corporately headquartered in West Palm Beach, FL. The firm has offices throughout the U.S. and provides a comprehensive range of infrastructure services to a diverse client base in over 30 states.
- Immediate room for advancement and promotion
- Interest in advanced technologies
- Operate and measure distance with a total station
- Create perpendicular angles with optical equipment
- Obtain bearings and angles using a compass
- Read horizontal and vertical angles with total station
- Obtain readings from standard, direct reading, cut and fill rods
- Obtain sights from plumb rods, section rods, disposable targets, etc.
- Assist Field Crew Chief in accomplishing field assignments in efficient manner
- Operate Data Collectors as directed by Field Crew Chief to assemble Company standardized information
- Become familiar with descriptions, coding and techniques for Data Collection
Essential Job Functions: The essential functions include but are not limited to the following duties and responsibilities, which are listed in no particular order of importance:
- Must have the ability to work as a team
- Dependability and Responsive
- Accurately and efficiently clears line, establish points, tape, chain and level for field survey projects as assigned by Field Crew Chief
- Hold prism pole or stadia rod at designated points to assist in determining elevations and laying out stakes for mapmaking, construction, land, and other surveys
- Cleanliness and Organization skills required
- Report any mechanical or safety related problems to your supervisor
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with other crewmembers to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of assigned projects
- Must practice WGI Safety policies and procedures at all times
- Respect the property rights of the property owners
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Knowledge of basic math (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division)
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the motivation to follow instructions at all times.
- Possess valid Florida Driver's License
- Must be able to complete training in West Palm Beach Area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires using a machete, shovel and sledgehammer or other appropriate tools. Lifting and carrying equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. over rough terrain may be required. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate various pieces of field equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, speak, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell. The employee must be able to get in and out of vehicle multiple times a day, and drive 30 to 60 miles daily. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. The employee works outside in all types of weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time. The terrain may be rough, steep, wet or swampy. Vegetation may be dense, and insects, snakes or animals may be encountered.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please submit your resume for review by our Talent Acquisition Team. WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding work environment. EOE
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media